Motivated by God’s love for us in a hurting world and commissioned by Christ to bring His love to people, the Outreach Team seeks to encourage people to live a life of service and share their love for their Lord in word and deed.
To achieve the stated purpose of the Outreach Team, the following objectives have been adopted:
- Provide and ensure the communication of local, regional and worldwide short-term mission trips and events.
- Coordinate with worship team the sharing of experiences with the congregation.
- The team will encourage training to equip Trinity’s members in the area of evangelism.
- The team will plan activities and encourage participation in serving and witnessing in order to meet the needs of people in Christ’s name and share the gospel.
- The membership of the Outreach Team shall consist of Trinity members of various ages.
- A council member will be appointed to the team and be a liaison to the Council.
- The Director of Ministry will have an advisory role.
- Gifts that are valuable: mercy, creative communication, evangelism, compassion, hospitality.
Terms of Service
Outreach Team members are to serve 3 years. Terms will be staggered. Members may be encouraged to serve up to 3 terms.
Areas of Responsibility
- Responsibilities of this team include, but not limited to:
- Joining in where the Spirit leads to needs and opportunities. Encouraging areas where Trinity members are led to serve so they can be empowered.
- The Banquet in Sioux Falls
- ESL ministry
- Rock Valley outreach such as Easter Egg Hunt or Rake Rock Valley
- Storm Response Team
- Feed My Starving Children
- Foreign and local mission opportunities
- Partnering with organizations such as JFA, Hope Haven or CRWRC