History & Beliefs
- God is the Creator, Sustainer, and Provider.
- Jesus Christ is the Son of God and the only way to salvation.
- We are all sinful and need a relationship with God through Jesus Christ.
- The Holy Spirit dwells within us to convict, cleanse, comfort, and empower.
- The Holy Spirit has given each believer gifts to be used in service and ministry.
- The Bible is the inspired Word of God.
- All teaching, preaching, and ministries are based on the Word of God.
- Worship is vital in becoming devoted followers of Christ.
- Because all people matter to God, we are called to reach out to them.
- We are called to equip people for works of service to the praise of God.
- Relationships and fellowship are essential for spiritual growth.
1970 – A number of families from First and Calvin Christian Reformed Churches of Rock Valley began meeting in the Christian School gym. The services were led by three ministers from Dordt College.
- Trinity Christian Reformed Church became an organized congregation with 42 families and 5 individuals as members.
1971 – Trinity’s membership grew to 57 families and 5 individuals.
- Candidate James Admiraal was ordained and installed as Trinity’s first pastor.
1972 – Church parsonage was built and a decision was made to build a church building.
1974 – Dedication of the new church building.
- Trinity’s membership was 80 families and 5 individuals.
1976 – Additional land was purchased for more parking lot space.
- Rev. Admiraal accepted a call to Whitensville, MA.
- Candidate Dan DeGroot was ordained and installed as Trinity’s pastor.
- The Artley house was purchased to make space for extra classrooms.
1982 – Pastor Dan DeGroot accepted a call to St. Catharines, Ontario, Cananda.
- Pastor Robert Timmer was installed as pastor
1988 – A new fellowship hall and second floor classrooms were built.
- The Artley house was sold.
- Pastor Bill VanDyken became an associate pastor.
1990 – Pastor Robert Timmer accepted a call to Noordeloos, MI.
- Trinity’s membership was 112 families and 6 individuals.
1991 – Pastor Jelmer Groenewold was installed as pastor.
- A used Moller pipe organ was purchased and installed.
1994 – Trinity’s membership numbered 125 families and 6 individuals.
1995 – Pastor Dale Ellens became an associate pastor.
1997 – Paul VanStelle became the first Ministry Coordinator.
1999 – Pastor Dan DeGroot became an associate pastor.
2001 – Paul Van Stelle moved to Scotts Bluff, Nebraska and Larry Landman accepted the Ministry
- Pastor Jelmer Groenewold accepted a call to Sunnyside, Washington.
2002 – Trinity’s membership numbered 156 families and 14 individuals.
- Construction began on a new Worship Centre.
2003 – A decision was made to enlarge Trinity’s ministry team to include a Pastor of Congregation Life and
a Pastor of Church Life.
- Mark Beernink became the Pastor of Church Life.
- November 23, 2003- The new Worship Centre was dedicated.
2004 – Aldon Kuiper became the Pastor of Congregational Care.
2006 – Trinity’s membership numbered 224 families and 22 individuals.
2010 – Pastor Aldon Kuiper retired after 39 years of service.
2010 – Bobby Van Otterloo became the Director of Ministry.
2012– Pastor Stanley Groothof became our Worship Pastor.
2014– Pastor Mark Beernink accepted a call to Church of the Savior in Rochester, MN.
2014- Trinity’s membership numbered 302 families.