Profession of Faith
- People who desire to make Profession of Faith will go through a mentoring process aimed at helping people think through the Biblical truths, Christian doctrines, and the beliefs of Trinity Christian Reformed Church.
- People making Profession of Faith will be able to articulate their faith story.
- People making Profession of Faith will understand the responsibilities of being a member of Trinity Church.
- For adults the book Reformed, will be used to guide them through the Christian Reformed Faith.
- For sixth graders through seniors the book I Believe, will be used to help guide them through the Christian Reformed Faith
- For those children younger than the sixth grade a mentoring program tailored to meet their needs will be done on a case to case basis.
- Material for those with disabilities or special needs will use Expressing Faith in Jesus Church Membership for people with cognitive Impairments.
- The Director of Ministry will organize and assist the mentors and those making Profession of Faith.
- The Director of Ministry will work with the adult/child who wants to make Profession of Faith by:
- Helping find someone to mentor them – this could be a pastor, elder, deacon, parent, grandparent, youth sponsor, or any Trinity Church member who has already made Profession of Faith, and feels capable of mentoring.
- Provide instruction and material for both the one mentoring and the one making Profession of Faith. The one mentoring will be given any assistance needed by the Pastors or Director of Ministry to make sure the person making Profession of Faith has thoroughly reflected on the Biblical truths of the Christian faith.
- Keep a database of all those who are in the process of being mentored.
- After the mentoring is done the person making Profession of Faith will come to an elders meeting with his/her mentor – the Director of Ministry will make sure this is put on the agenda for the elders meeting. (Both the mentor and the one making Profession of Faith will come into the Elder’s room. With multiple Professions of Faith the routine will be to have them come in one Profession of Faith/mentor at a time.)